Monday, July 16, 2012

Alison Sorensen Johnson

Hello everyone,

I still can't believe that it has been 10 years since we have graduated from high school. After high school I went to snow college south and graduated from the cosmetology program and I also received my associated of applied science while I was there. I was able to get a job working at the Doll House in Mt. Pleasant. It was a wonderful salon to work at. While I was working there I met my husband Wesley. Wesley graduated from MCRD San Diego in March of 2005. On July 2, 2005 Wesley and I were married. We celebrated our 7 year anniversary and I can’t believe how fast 7 years has gone by... While in San Diego I was able to work in a salon and loved working and meeting new people. I love my career but I also love to stay at home with our 2 children. Sarah is 5 and drew is 19 months. So far we have lived in San Diego CA. and we are currently living in Jacksonville NC.

We have survived 2 deployments. Sarah was 6 months old when Wesley left for Iraq and drew was 5 months old when Wesley met him for the first time. Yes it does suck to have your spouse gone for months at a time but it is worth it in the end to see them get off of a plane and know they are safe and back where they belong… We love living in new places and can’t wait to see what the future military life brings. As of right now we are looking at embassy duty. That means that we will probably be moving overseas in the next year or so. How exciting that we will be able to experience all of these fun adventures.. Hopefully some year I will be able to make it to a class reunion but I hope that everyone has a fun time..

Alison Johnson

No comments: