It is so crazy that is has been ten years since we all graduated from high school! Time goes so fast. After graduating from high school, I went to Snow College where I was roomies with two of the best people in the whole world: Natalie Whitman (Madsen) and Megan Cook (Johnson). We had way too much fun together and played numerous pranks on several unsuspecting victims:-) After Snow College, I went to Utah State for one semester before serving a mission in Rome, Italy. I loved the Italian people, the food there, and all the amazing things I got to see in Italy. Also, thanks to my mission, I was able to meet my best friend in the world - my husband Adam Maddocks. No, he was not a fellow missionary; nor was he one of those romantic Italian men who happened to sweep me off my feet... Instead, we were set up by one of my companions after the mission. We started dating my last year at Utah State where I graduated in Elementary Education. We were married in July of 2008.
After we got married. We moved to Salt Lake City, Utah because Adam was finishing up his bachelor's degree there. During this time, I taught a bunch of lovable hooligans at Plymouth Elementary in Taylorsville, Utah. I taught third grade for two years and fourth grade for one year. Now we are living in Fullerton, CA so that Adam can attend an optometry school here. I am currently teaching and tutoring a bunch of older but still lovable hooligans at an academy in Irvine. It's an academy for kids who are training to become professional tennis players. They come from all over the world, so it's been a pretty amazing experience. We have loved the weather, the beach, and being so close to Disneyland since we've been in California. We don't have any kids yet, but we are hoping to get a child soon through adoption. Until that time, we are just trying to spread the word as we wait patiently and hopefully for a child.

No comments:
Post a Comment